All Things Vegetarian

As often as possible I will be sharing information about vegetarian recipes and topics related to vegetarianism . I hope you will enjoy them and be able to share them with friends and family.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Mumma’s Veggie Pie

For this Meatless Monday here is a simple and delicious recipe that my wonderful mother has been cooking for years. A hearty mixture of your favourite vegetables cooked with tasty cheese, a little chutney and topped off with a simple pastry crust; a great family meal and a stable in my mother’s kitchen. Recently we were lucky enough to have her cook this special dish for us. Although, when mum makes it she always includes our family’s secret homemade mango chutney, it will work just as well with a store brought chutney; my mother insists something not too sweet but with plenty of flavour. She also recommends, that although you can use whatever veggies you like, always include at least 1 cup of pumpkin to get the best result. The pastry here was made with a mixture of wholemeal and plain flour but for a fluffier result simply use plain flour as per the recipe. I L.OV.E this pie and love that I can share one of my favourite recipes from my mumma’s veggie kitchen… Thanks Mum!! XO


Preparation time 2.5 hours
Serves 4

1 brown onion, diced2 cloves garlic, crushed2 tbs butter or olive oil4 cups of mixed vegetables (pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot & potato), roughly diced into 1 cm cubes1 tin chopped tomatoes

View the Original article

Labels: ,